Softball/ASA fastpitch

Question
Bunted ball hits home plate then rolls and settles on field/in fair territory. Is this fair or foul?  Rule number and/or supplement?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Jan,

No offense...really.....but I have no idea where it came from or why a lot of people commonly think there is something special re: HP and a batted ball.  HP has nothing special in the fact that it is simply HP. The fact that the batted ball struck HP is of absolutely no consequence to this play.  HP happens to be entirely in fair territory but even that has nothing to do with this question. IE a batted ball struck straight down, hitting HP and dies on top of HP is a fair ball.

In answer to your OP, an untouched batted ball that settles in fair territory is a fair ball.  (def of fair ball)  

In fact a batted ball (before passing 1st or 3rd) that first hits foul but eventually settles or is touched in fair territory is a fair ball. The opposite is also true, a ball that strikes fair and then is touched or settles in foul territory...foul ball. (defs of fair and foul ball)

mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose