Softball/Third base coach interference

Question
NSA Rules...Third base coach yells "time" with the intent to cause an illegal pitch while the pitcher was in their motion. He wanted time for no other reason. Is this verbal interference? If not, what power does the umpire have to stop this sort of unsportsmanlike conduct?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Kurt,

I can't give you a nsa answer as I am not an expert in their rules, however here is the ASA answer and i can't imagine nsa has much different.

ASA 6-10-e No player, manager or coach shall call time, employ any other word or phrase or commit any act while the ball is live for the obvious purpose of trying to make the pitcher commit an illegal pitch  A warning shall be issued....and a repeat of this type...shall result in the offender being ejected from the game.

Mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose