Softball/Scoring Question

Question
Hi Mark
Question about scoring.  Assume runners on first and second base no outs and the hitter lifts a shallow fly ball into left field which drops in front of the charging left fielder.  The runner on second base holds up because she isn't sure if it will be caught or not.  She is then forced out at third base because she didn't run immediately.  How do you score this for the hitter?  I say its a FC because the lead runner was forced out at third base even though it was clearly a base hit for the hitter.

Answer
Hi Andy,

I'm sorry....Instructions from the Expert:
Please tell me what game of softball your question pertains to.  Also please understand I am an umpire and not a scorer.  I only care if they are out or safe.  I do not have the expertise to answer scoring questions.

M

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose