Softball/2015 ASA rules misprint 8-7-Q

Question
I was asked a question about the penalty for a runner colliding with a defense player who had possession of the ball.  The OP wanted to know why we would also call the runner closest to home out.  I replied we wouldn't just a db, runner out and possible ejection.  She stated it was in the rule book, I stated it was not.  She sent me a picture of the 2015 participants 8-7-q
When a defensive player has the ball and the runner remains upright and crashes into the defensive player.
Effect: 1 the ball is dead
       2 THE RUNNER CLOSEST TO HOME IS OUT
       3 runners must return to the last base touched at the      time of the interference
         4 if flagrant, the offender is ejected.

She was correct it was in the rule book.  I checked rule changes for 2015 and it was not there.  I then called my state UIC who called our regional UIC.

Mike,
I got a call from our Michigan ASA former District UIC, Dr. Mark Ambrose concerning new verbiage in the 2015 ASA Rule Book. Rule 8 section 7Q. Effect 2. Page 104.
Effect: 1 the ball is dead
         2 THE RUNNER CLOSEST TO HOME IS OUT
         3 runners must return to the last base touched at the time of the interference
         4 if flagrant, the offender is ejected.

#2 is the question. We have not had a rule change that I know of. I believe when the rule book was reviewed, this is an error.

Rules supplement #13 on page 128 of the same rule book in part A has the same verbiage as previous ASA Rule Books. It does not mention anything about the runner closest to home being out.
This would be a major change which I doubt very much would have been just house cleaning.

Can you please respond. Dr. Mark is a softball rules interpreter and a coach is quoting the 2015 rule book to him.

Thank you,
Gary

Mark,
Here is the answer to your answer. Our
Region 8 UIC, MikeDeLeo, agreed with our assertion that it is an error in the book. Lost in translation when the rule book went to the new format this year. Mike sent the question to Kevin Ryan, ASA Supervisor of Umpires. This is his response.

You should get some street credibility from your questioning coach on this.
Good catch. Thanks for finding the error.

Thank you,
Gary Evans
Michigan ASA Umpire Staff

Answer
So nothing has changed re. 8-7-Q.  We DO NOT call the runner closest to home out.  A correction will be coming out on the ASA web page.  Umpires take note that nothing has changed.  We have a DEAD BALL, RUNNER OUT and ejection if flagrant.

Coaches please DO NOT take the rule book on the field to show or protest the game.  The rule book is in error.

Thanks

Mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose