High fly ball halfway down the outfield line, obviously gonna be foul. Fielder attempts to make the catch in foul territory. Ball hits top of her glove and falls into the outfield in fair ground. Fair or foul?p

Hi Troy,
You told me everything except what I need to know.  

It never, ever, never matters where the fielder is standing (fair territory or foul) but where is "the ball" when 1st touched.  If the ball is over foul territory when 1st touched it is a foul ball, doesn't matter where it lands.  If the ball is over fair territory when 1st touched it is a fair ball, doesn't matter where it lands.

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)