Varsity high school game, pitcher has beet feet on pitchers plate has not started the pitch and accidentally drops ball, I know if intentional what rule is, I believe this is nothing and she would resume at taking signal?

Hi Randy,

Because she had not yet "started" the pitch (per your OP)it is nothing, but a live ball and the LBR is off if runners are on base until she regains possession of the ball.

If she had started the pitch, it is simply a pitch, nothing more.

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)