Softball/softball disability

i have paralysis and have attempted to return to ASA softball.  I am unable to run and just want to play the best I can.  our local rule allows me to have a runner after I get to first (1 x an inning) but out state rules do not allow any assistance basically eliminating me from playing any state tournaments.  is there anything I can do to have them allow me to play despite my disability?

Hi JC,

If it's true ASA state play it shouldn't be a problem.  Under ASA ADA rules 4-2-i any eligble player in the official lineup including available subs may be used as a CR for an ADA player.  Unlimited CRs are allowed each inning.

Contact your ASA state commish if you have any problems with it.

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose

I can answer all questions about book rules and "case book" rules governing the playing of ASA softball. Have a REAL situation that happened and are not sure the proper rule was applied, ask me.

I am a registered ASA umpire, a MASA "At-Large" umpire since 1996 and a retired District Umpire-In-Chief. I have very extensive experience in MASA State Championship and ASA national qualifying tournament play both as an umpire and an Umpire-In-Chief. I completed 3 ASA National Schools including the ASA national advanced umpire school in Ok City("Bernie" for those who know him was the lead clinician, I survived the week and couldn't let my kids watch the game tapes when I got home. No, I love you Bernie). I was one of 4 "Yankee" umpires selected to umpire the Men's D National East Championship in 2002 in Winter Haven FL

Amateur Softball Association (The authority in softball)