Softball/softball disability

Question
i have paralysis and have attempted to return to ASA softball.  I am unable to run and just want to play the best I can.  our local rule allows me to have a runner after I get to first (1 x an inning) but out state rules do not allow any assistance basically eliminating me from playing any state tournaments.  is there anything I can do to have them allow me to play despite my disability?

Answer
Hi JC,

If it's true ASA state play it shouldn't be a problem.  Under ASA ADA rules 4-2-i any eligble player in the official lineup including available subs may be used as a CR for an ADA player.  Unlimited CRs are allowed each inning.

Contact your ASA state commish if you have any problems with it.

Mark  

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose