Softball/Fastpitch softball pitching

Question
My granddaughter has pitching windups were she starts with both hands at her sides. Then winds them back and forward putting them together then and over head. Someone says she has to start with them together and not at her sides.

Answer
Hi Brian,

No, No and No.. She Must step on the pp with her hands separated, once the hands come together the pitch starts.  She can do most anything she wants BEFORE the hands come together.

If she is going to pitch she needs proper instruction.  FP has a lot of rules that need to be understood.

Mark

Softball

Dr. Mark R. Ambrose