Software Development/Software Ownership Coding & Licensing

Question
Last year I invented a really awesome type of Real Estate Software Platform that Outsourced the Development to Developers in India.

It is almost ready to start to sell and is awesome. I currently have it hosted on a Deluxe Hosting with my Domain Name on godaddy.com and will give user ID's to the clients who pay per year or month, so is not a desktop or download application.

As this is my first Real Software I am bringing to market, what type of Coding Protection can I put in it so it cannot be stolen? What type of Documents or Licensing do I need to do where I OWN THE CODE, and have the PROOF I OWN IT, INVENTED IT, AND IT IS 100% MINE?

And and other Basic Legal Protections proving my ownership should I be aware of or do you recommend.

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Answer
Please contact someone experienced with the legal aspects. Sorry can't help you much with regards to the legal aspect.

Regarding coding protection it totally depends on which technology/language you have used to develop the Project. There are many ways based on the technology used to both protect and hack the code.

Regards

Software Development

Ramanan Iyer