Software Development/Excel upload error

Question
Hi Ramanan,

I am developing an application in which I am uploading excel using Interop.
When I published my application on server I got error while uploading excel file.
Error was as below:

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))."

I found on google but not getting proper solution. It is something related to access or rights on server. I also tried same thing on IIS but got the same error.

Please help.
Thanks.

Answer
Hi Karan,
Do you have Office installed on the Server. For using Interop its mandatory that Office is installed. Thats why people nowadays use OpenXML which removes the dependency of Office installation on Server.

If you google with "retrieving the com class factory for component with clsid access is denied" you should get some suggestions.

Regards
Ramanan

Software Development

Ramanan Iyer