Software Development/Excel upload error

Hi Ramanan,

I am developing an application in which I am uploading excel using Interop.
When I published my application on server I got error while uploading excel file.
Error was as below:

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))."

I found on google but not getting proper solution. It is something related to access or rights on server. I also tried same thing on IIS but got the same error.

Please help.

Hi Karan,
Do you have Office installed on the Server. For using Interop its mandatory that Office is installed. Thats why people nowadays use OpenXML which removes the dependency of Office installation on Server.

If you google with "retrieving the com class factory for component with clsid access is denied" you should get some suggestions.

Software Development

Ramanan Iyer

I can answer questions related to software development involving microsoft technologies like vb, C#, ASP.Net. I can answer questions related to MS SQL Server. I an help in giving tips for best methods for programming.

I have around 11+ years of experience in the field of software development. I have been involved in development of windows based applications and web portals for European Clients.

Webdirekt India Pvt. Ltd. Enexion India Pvt. LTd.

I have completed my Masters Degree in Computer Applications in the year 1999.

Received scholarship in statistics.