Software Development/Problem associated with the development of software.

Question
I would like to ask you about problems associated with software development ...
I have 5 problems and I need examples for each one ,, could you help me ?
1-difficulty in capturing all the user requirements
2-difficulty managing and developing large and complex systems
3-difficulties in maintaining software
4-ensuring the quality of a software system
5-the presence of errors introduced during development

Answer
Hi Somaya,
What you mentioned are normally problems faced by all Teams or Companies. Based on my real life experiences I can just try to give you some suggestions to reduce them:

If you mean all user requirements are not documented properly you should try to generate user stories or use cases for each requirements and get it verified by your Client. If you mean that the BA is not able to get all requirements from the Client you need an experienced one perhaps.

If a strict process of development is followed you could make this simpler. We have strict development processes where we break down the Project into simple modules and the modules into simple tasks. We try that there is no task which should take more than 8 hours. We use tools like Bugzilla and Redmine for constant monitoring of the Project and tasks.

3-difficulties in maintaining software
If you mean Release management and bugs coming up which were solved earlier you need to find a way of implementing regression testing in your environment.

All Systems have bugs we can just reduce them. Help your team in following test driven development, this will help in reducing the bugs. In our Team each developer is required to first write the algorithms and tests before starting programming. This has helped us in improving our quality a lot.

This is related to point 4, encourage your developers to be more responsible and slowly you should experience an improvement.

Regards
Ramanan

Software Development

Ramanan Iyer