Sound Cards/Headphones question...

I've got a Dell Optiplex 980.  If I get a USB Bluetooth Adapter, and put it in one of the USB ports...will I then be able to use a set of Bluetooth headphones?  I have to use my headphones a lot (taking some college classes), and I would like to rig up a setup where I don't have to worry about a cord.
Any suggestions/advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Warm regards,

It may work (assuming the adapter and headphones pair appropriately, and that the adapter is compatible with your operating system), but it would seem more logical to me to just purchase a complete wireless headphone system - generally the quality will be better, and it will be an easier to set-up (as there won't be any driver/software considerations) and use all-in-one package. Look at Koss or Sennheiser as examples.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Sound Cards

I can answer questions regarding computer audio both speakers and sound cards, and their interactions with one another. In addition to being able to answer questions regarding the purchase and maintinence of such devices.

Roughly a decade of experience with PC hardware and audio applications. Avid computer and audio enthusiast.

Computer and audio enthusiast