Southern Cuisine/Meat Loaf

beckj28 wrote at 2013-07-25 05:53:27
Quaker Oats has a wonderful meatloaf recipe. I have used it for years and tweak it to my liking. For example,I don't like green pepper in my meatloaf. Instead of ketchup I like to use a can of flavored tomatoes. You can buy tomatoes with different combinations of spices. It makes the meatloaf not be so dry to use the canned tomatoes.

Southern Cuisine

Rhonda Lindsey

Southern Breads, casseroles, pot luck suppers, barbeques, sunday-go-to-meeting dishes, oddities such as fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, collard greens, and wild game, preparing and preserving fruits, meats and vegetables. Sweet stuff like pecan pie, apple stack cake and fritters. If you want to cook it, I probly have, plan to, or will research how to do it. I have never cooked possum nor do I plan to, but if that is your quest, I can get ya the recipe. By the way, grits are wonderful.

Born and raised in Alabama and Tennessee with a long line of good cooks who have kept notes and passed them on. I have recipes handed down for 4 generations which I use daily.

No organizations, but people always call me to cook something for the event or be in charge of it.

None to speak of.

No Formal Cooking school from any culinary institute. Generations of cooking in the south, lots of get-togethers, parties, fish fries, church meetings, funerals, hospitalities, you name it.

None of them either. Except for people slapping me on the back and telling me that was the best (whatever) they have ever eaten.

Family, friends and aquaintances.