Space and Astronomy for Kids/Space

What's the temprature of the gas giants and the moons and the lenght of year

Hi Sabriyah,
All the planets "years" or one revolution around the sun, is given in the first column of the website

This is also called the period of the planet.
Typically we round it off to Mercury - 88 days, Venus 225 days, Earth of course is one year;
Mars 1.8 years, Jupiter 12 years, Saturn 29.5 years, Uranus 84 years, Neptune 165 years, and Kuiper Belt asteroid Pluto is about 248 years.
Naturally a planet's moons would also take that long to orbit the sun once, thus their "solar year" is the same as it's parent planet.
Now I'll check on temperature and get back to you, but all of the outer gas giants and their moons range roughly from -200 degrees F. at Jupiter, out to about -350 to -400 F. out at Neptune and Pluto.
Hope this helps,
Clear Skies,
Tom Whiting
Erie, PA  USA

Ok, I was close, see

Jupiter is around -240 degrees F while out at Neptune and Pluto temperatures range around
-360 degrees F.

Space and Astronomy for Kids

Tom Whiting

I can answer most any astronomy or astronomical question, having been in the hobby for over 50 years now, and current owner of a 30 inch portable truss Newtonian telescope, one of the largest in the Eastern USA. I use a 6 inch f4 Antares Newtonian finderscope on the back of the 30 inch mirror box. No astrology questions please, or questions about alleged UFO identifications.

Taught astronomy at the University level for 13 years as an adjunct instructor. Lifelong experience in hobby and subject for over 50 years now.

President, Erie County Mobile Observers Group, Erie PA for over 15 years. Also in catagory of astronomy for over 8 years.

Astronomy Technology Today; also wrote the "Over Erie Skies" articles for our local newspaper for over 10 years.

BS, Metallurgical Engineering, Grove City College, PA Master's degree, Gannon University, Erie, PA USA Also USAF Pilot, 20 years, retired.

Discoverer of the mini-coathanger asterism up in Ursa Minor, also the mini-dipper asterism in the bowl of the Little Dipper.