Space and Astronomy for Kids/Space

Question
What's the temprature of the gas giants and the moons and the lenght of year

Answer
Hi Sabriyah,
All the planets "years" or one revolution around the sun, is given in the first column of the website
http://www.ianridpath.com/planets2.htm

This is also called the period of the planet.
Typically we round it off to Mercury - 88 days, Venus 225 days, Earth of course is one year;
Mars 1.8 years, Jupiter 12 years, Saturn 29.5 years, Uranus 84 years, Neptune 165 years, and Kuiper Belt asteroid Pluto is about 248 years.
Naturally a planet's moons would also take that long to orbit the sun once, thus their "solar year" is the same as it's parent planet.
Now I'll check on temperature and get back to you, but all of the outer gas giants and their moons range roughly from -200 degrees F. at Jupiter, out to about -350 to -400 F. out at Neptune and Pluto.
Hope this helps,
Clear Skies,
Tom Whiting
Erie, PA  USA

FOLLOW UP:
Ok, I was close, see
http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0310372/id32.htm

Jupiter is around -240 degrees F while out at Neptune and Pluto temperatures range around
-360 degrees F.
Tom  

Space and Astronomy for Kids

Tom Whiting