Space Exploration/British space program.

I was surprised to learn than Great Britain has never put any money into manned spaceflight or had an astronaut program.  Do you know the reasons why they have had this policy?  It is strange for such a wealthy and high-tech country.

Hello James,
.... "never directly" ... yes I agree, it is a shame. The whole EU should spend more on space and less on the military!

There is some investment in the ISS. Britain has also chosen to invest in ESA and the Arianne Rocket for launching satellites that can assist to build new space-stations as platforms for inter planetary travel, a long-term strategy. One valid argument the British have is that robots can do better work in space cheaper.

ESA has a share in the ISS:
... and the UK has a 10% share in ESA:

I see Britain has only three engaged astronauts; Michael Foale, Helen Sharman and Mark Shuttleworth (South African). Germany has much more and France a lot!

I expect that the Chinese and India will expand their manned missions and be the first to Moon and Mars.

The future?

Oh! Here is some data too:

If I get a ticket for a parabolic flight into space I will take a Union Jack with me. I was educated at Wits-University, built on the british-style academy >>>  

Space Exploration

I can answer most questions about the past, present and future space missions. As a hobby since the 1969 Moon Landing, I have been watching and studying space travel and have many resources and theories concerning the future. I have visited NASA many times and have communication with ESA. I have developed a new theory as to what gravity is, mainly that tachyons (bosons) are radiating beyond the speed of light from black-holes and it is those waves when hitting material, causing the material to be heavy or "appear" to attract each other. This is why the universe is expanding.

Hobby but I would give 5 years of my salary to travel in space for just a few days!

Organizations &

BSc (Bachaelor of Science)

not yet!