Space Exploration/Space Mission Summary

The video for the UK dance collective MARRS has recently been released with additional footage from missions conducted since the orginal was released in 1987. However as a result some of the older missions have been replaced which is a shame as I think I recognise a large number of them and was hoping to blog about them. There are a couple that I don't recognise and was hoping that you might be able to tell me what missions they are, who ran them and what happened to them. The video can be viewed here and the missions I do not recognise are:

The exploding space rocket (Apollo 13) at 2' 42"
The sproinging space probe at 3' 07"
The space probe that is jettisoned, lands and then explodes (Venera) at 3' 42

But if you could identify all the space missions that would be marvellous

A lot (most) of the space scenes are simulated... we didn't launch a "photography" ship beside
the Voyager missions, nor did the Russians have a camera stationary on Venus when the Venera probes landed on Venus. (I don't believe any Venera mission to Venus "crashed".
I only recognized the voyager missions (simulated)... I would guess the so-called space explosion was dubbed in with pro-photoshop.  No camera recorded the Apollo 13 event from the exterior, nor
the orbital collision between one of the Iridium satellites and an old discarded Russian rocket engine a few years ago.
The springing space probe may have been an artists simulation of the Titan Huygens probe being released from the Cassini spacecraft around Saturn... or it may have been the Jupiter Galileo craft releasing a Jovian atmospheric probe which we used to send down into the Jovian atmosphere.
I think the last item is purely artistic and dubbed in.
You tube transmissions do not have to be scientifically accurate.
That's my opinion.
Clear Skies,
Tom Whiting
Erie, PA USA  

Space Exploration

Tom Whiting

I can answer most questions about space flight and planetary exploration from an astronomy standpoint, but not from a computer or electronics standpoint. No astrology questions please, or questions about alleged UFO identifications.

Astronomy, my main catagory, has been my hobby and pastime for over 50 years. Taught astronomy and meteorology at the University level for over 13 years.

President- Erie County Mobile Observers Group for over 15 years. Also on astronomy catagory for over 8 years.

Astronomy Technology Today and also wrote the "Over Erie Skies" column in our local newspaper for 11 years.

BS Metallurgical Engineering Grove City College, PA Master's Degree, Gannon University, Erie, PA Also retired USAF pilot, 20 years.

Discoverer of the mini-coathanger asterism in Ursa Minor; also the mini-dipper asterism up in the bowl of the Little Dipper.