Space Exploration/Water Resistant Electronic Gadgets.

Water Resistant Electronic Gadget
Water Resistant Electr  
Dear Rangutan

Technically, Electronic components viz Integrated Circuits, Transistors, Resistors, capacitors etc are susceptible to Damage
if the electronic gadgets are dipped in water. Isn't it ?.

What is the technology the electronic gadgets manufacturers are applying to manufacture water resistant electronic gadgets viz watches, mobile phones etc ?.

Are they using Special Glass coating or any other material for
waterproof ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Waterproofing like nature does it!
Waterproofing like nat  
Howdy there,
this "nanocoating" waterproof product is a smart copy from nature. The original study looked at why water droplets ran off leaves without there being any oily substance involved.  Studying the surface at a nanolevel found that the surface was structured in a pattern of grooves thousands of times thinner than the human hair where the force of cohesion between water molecules was greater than that with the surface. You can read about it at and the links shown there. Many more discoveries and inventions will evolve from "nanotechnology".

Space Exploration

I can answer most questions about the past, present and future space missions. As a hobby since the 1969 Moon Landing, I have been watching and studying space travel and have many resources and theories concerning the future. I have visited NASA many times and have communication with ESA. I have developed a new theory as to what gravity is, mainly that tachyons (bosons) are radiating beyond the speed of light from black-holes and it is those waves when hitting material, causing the material to be heavy or "appear" to attract each other. This is why the universe is expanding.

Hobby but I would give 5 years of my salary to travel in space for just a few days!

Organizations &

BSc (Bachaelor of Science)

not yet!