Space Exploration/Portable Telescope introduction in High Schools.

Portable Telescope
Portable Telescope  
Dear Rangutan

1. Do you feel Telescopes can be introduced in Optics, Light
chapters/topics as a sub topic in High Schools, Colleges  ?.

2. Do you feel Portable Telescopes instruments purchase in High schools could be a good investment and can be taken in physics labs for practicals and demonstrations ?.

3. What could be the appropriate ages for Portable Telescopes Introduction in High Schools, Colleges i.e. 12-15 years, 16-18 years etc ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Every school should have at least one telescope and one microscope. Used equipment is fairly affordable as the investment may cover many years and many students. Universities may donate older equipment to schools. Binoculars are in effect the best portable telescopes. Whatever you choose, optical equipment are good practical tools for subjects in science or geography like light, optics, planets, handwork. The telescope can be used for viewing in the day to, when Moon and Venus are visible. Never observe the Sun through a telescope, yet special lenses or cameras are available for viewing eclipses and sun spots. For children to understand the size of the universe, thy should be introduced to telescopes at an early age, also pre-school. High school kids could build telescopes as project work. There are kits available from $20.

Space Exploration

I can answer most questions about the past, present and future space missions. As a hobby since the 1969 Moon Landing, I have been watching and studying space travel and have many resources and theories concerning the future. I have visited NASA many times and have communication with ESA. I have developed a new theory as to what gravity is, mainly that tachyons (bosons) are radiating beyond the speed of light from black-holes and it is those waves when hitting material, causing the material to be heavy or "appear" to attract each other. This is why the universe is expanding.

Hobby but I would give 5 years of my salary to travel in space for just a few days!

Organizations &

BSc (Bachaelor of Science)

not yet!