Space Exploration/space

telescopes (space and ground based) that observe the nebulae and stars (except other galaxies) are from Milkyway Galaxy. so my question is that are all objects of Milkyway observable, because the field range of telescopes are to a limit. I don't think the objects that are opposite to that of our position (outer arm of Milkyway) are observable. please clarify.

Hi, thanks for writing.  As far as seeing "everything" in the Milky Way, there is a lot that is unobservable due to distance, size, lack of a reflecting or emitting light that we can observe.  You are right, some things on the opposite side of the Milky Way are unobservable due to being blocked, but, since the universe is mostly empty space, it is a lot less blocked than most people think.  In fact, when 2 galaxies collide, it is unlikely a single star of the billions in each galaxy will collide, although gravity will distort the shape of all of both galaxies.  Write anytime.

Space Exploration

Kenneth Renshaw

Answer basic space flight questions, research info on specific space flights. Answer questions on astronomy

Amateur astronomer and avid astronomy/space flight fan for 31 years.

Official NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador for Arkansas and Missouri (one of about 300 nationwide). (

Numerous local and area newspapers.