Space Exploration/Inland Lakes High School- Interview Request for I-Search Project

Question
Dear Kenneth Renshaw

My name is sawyer and I am doing a research project about space exploration for my English class. I was hoping you could answer a few questions for my interview that is required for my project.

1.Why do we want to know about space? What will the discoveries do for us.

2.Is there an end to space? What evidence do we have?

Thank you so much for your time. I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,

Sawyer Hodson

Answer
Hi, Sawyer, thanks for writing.

1. studying space helps us understand things here on earth (it confirmed a lot of the Einstein Theory of Relativity); it has resulted in a lot of the technology we have today (such as computer technology); it contains resourses that we may be able to use in the future; it has resulted in space technology used in studying the weather, earthquakes, plant life, etc. here on earth; studying the bizarre weather and geology on other planets helps us understand our own weather and geology; everyday life depends on the use of space, such as satellite communication, GPS mapping, satellite TV, etc.

2. by the study of the expansion of the universe, we realize that matter is not only moving apart, but space itself is expanding.  At the beginning big bang, not only was all matter a point, but all space was also.  So space itself is limited in size by the age of the universe. It therefore has an end.

Write anytime!

Space Exploration

Kenneth Renshaw