Spanish Language/beautiful

How do you say "beautiful" in Spanish? I mean like "she is beautiful" and "the sunset is beautiful".

Hi Hank, and thanks for your question.

'Beautiful' can be translated in various ways in Spanish. If you're referring to a woman or any feminine noun, the words will end in 'a'. If you're referring to a masculine noun, the words will end in 'o'; I'm giving you the feminine forms, here: hermosa, bonita, guapa, bella, linda, magnífica, preciosa.

Examples: She is very beautiful---Ella es muy bella.  The sunset is so beautiful---La puesta del sol es tan linda.

I hope this helped.

Best wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season,

Spanish Language

I am very knowledgeable and can answer questions on all levels of Spanish grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading and listening comprehension, writing, culture, poetry and literature.

I have taught and tutored Spanish on all levels for over 30 years. My tutoring experience has been both individual, in groups, in person and online. I have studied and lived in Spain. I am bilingual and fluent in Spanish and English.

B.A., M.A. Spanish/Education State Certified Spanish Teacher--grades K-12

Awarded Medal of Excellence--"American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese"