Spanish Language/Spanish Interview

Question
For an assignment in Spanish class, I have to ask a Spanish speaker a question. I don't know anybody who does, so I found this site. The question is "¿Qué hacía tu mamá o papá cuando él o ella tenía cinco años?"

Can you please answer as soon as you can?

Answer
Hi Haley,

Many thanks for your question. No problem - I can answer the question for you. However, it seems a little strange to me to ask what your mum and dad did when they were 5 years old. Are you sure it doesn't mean what did they do when I was 5 years old. I can answer it either way just in case :)

Mi mamá y mi papá crecieron en los años 70. Por lo tanto, cuando tenían cinco años, iban al colegio y una vez terminadas las clases jugaban en la calle con sus amigos (My mum and dad grew up in the 70s. Therefore, when they were 5 years old, they went to school. Once classes were over, they played in the street with their friends.

Cuando yo tenía cinco años, mi mamá trabajaba como profesora y mi papá trabajaba como entrenador personal (When I was 5 years old, my mum worked as a teacher and my dad worked as a personal trainer)

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,
Lauren

Spanish Language

Lauren O' Hagan