Spanish Language/Spanish Interview

For an assignment in Spanish class, I have to ask a Spanish speaker a question. I don't know anybody who does, so I found this site. The question is "¿Qué hacía tu mamá o papá cuando él o ella tenía cinco años?"

Can you please answer as soon as you can?

Hi Haley,

Many thanks for your question. No problem - I can answer the question for you. However, it seems a little strange to me to ask what your mum and dad did when they were 5 years old. Are you sure it doesn't mean what did they do when I was 5 years old. I can answer it either way just in case :)

Mi mamá y mi papá crecieron en los años 70. Por lo tanto, cuando tenían cinco años, iban al colegio y una vez terminadas las clases jugaban en la calle con sus amigos (My mum and dad grew up in the 70s. Therefore, when they were 5 years old, they went to school. Once classes were over, they played in the street with their friends.

Cuando yo tenía cinco años, mi mamá trabajaba como profesora y mi papá trabajaba como entrenador personal (When I was 5 years old, my mum worked as a teacher and my dad worked as a personal trainer)

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,

Spanish Language

Lauren O' Hagan

Although not my mother tongue, I consider myself a native speaker in Spanish after studying the language for many years, using it on a daily basis at home and having last year obtained my DELE C2 - the highest possible qualification in Spanish from the Instituto Cervantes. I am very confident to answer any questions about the Spanish language. I can also answer specific questions related to Andalucia and the Andalucian dialect as I have a profound knowledge of this area.

MA Applied Linguistics First Class Honours in Modern Language Studies (Linguistics, Italian, Spanish) C2 (Native Level) DELE Diploma from Instituto Cervantes Grade A A-level in Spanish My partner is Spanish so Spanish is the main language spoken at home. I also spend many months in Spain (Andalucia) each year with my in-laws. I have translated and proofread many Spanish documents including CVs for art academies and translations of GCSE papers from French to Spanish for ZigZag Education.

El Pensador, Bristol University

MA Applied Linguistics BA Hons Modern Language Studies DELE C2 in Spanish. CILS C1 in Italian CELTA qualified A Level Spanish