Spas/laser hair removal

Question
Hi Felicia, thanks for bein available.  The hair on my back has been slowly adding up to where I wanted to get rid of it.  I'm in my mid 40s, & it's really not much.  Mainly in the middle of my lower back, narrowing up to under my neck.  I called around & took advantage of a spa special - 6 treatments for $300.  The lady there said it would get rid of about 85-90%.  She'd smear some gel on me & zap me with a laser gun pressed up against my skin.  She even admitted that I didn't have much hair, & that since I'm white (not pale) with dark brown hair, it should work the best.  Now after the 6 treatments, I'd say maybe 50% is gone.  Did I get scammed?  What's the best / cost effective way to get rid of body hair?

Answer
Greg -

Laser hair removal does work but there are a lot of factors that can make it more or less effective such as the quality/strength of the laser; the thoroughness of the technician; the hair itself. I would talk to the tech or business owner about the expectation that was set versus the result you got and see if they'd be willing to offer you some additional sessions for free or at a reduced cost.

Hope that helps!  

Spas

Felicia Brown