Special Diets/High iron low potassium low phosphate foods

My 76 yr old  dad has just come out of  5 weeks of induced sedation due to a very sever blood infection. We thought he would be on dialysis for the rest of his life - but his kidneys are functioning again.  He is only 60kg's and quite anaemic so I am trying to source foods that are very high in iron and low in potassium and phosphates

Can you advise
Thank you so much

Dear Susannah,

The best I can do for you is refer you to my preferred source:

It's been updated to include many recipes.

You will also have to research the complex ins and outs of iron-absorption and the two kinds of iron. But I would concentrate on a balanced diet low in potassium. (There is a bit of a clash since iron rich foods often contain potassium.)

I wish your father much courage and optimism on his path to establishing better health.

For a more holistic reply I would need more details, but I think this is what you may be looking for, for now.

My heartfelt wishes,

Special Diets

Evelyn Alexander

I can supplement your knowledge on health food and alternative remedies. I take a dynamic (energetic) approach to health and discomforts. My sources and references for my advice and ideas are predominantly Anthroposophic. I am not medically trained. I have done 25 years of critical research (metaphysics and alternative medicine) and been an expert on About for over eight years. Two great ills I can help combat are ignorance and neglectfulness. In matters of healthy living I encourage discipline, respect and self-belief. My life-philosophy is fundamentally based on ANTHROPOSOPHY, which in a nut-shell, is a western metaphysical science and modern alchemical way of looking at the meaning of life. I also draw on Taoist and Ayurvedic systems. I am a mother of a boy with an Autistc Spectrum Disorder, whom I have raised on a bio-dynamic diet and homeopathic remedies. I have been a vegetarian for 25 years. I am currently researching ways to understand and treat Autism from an alternative perspective.

My direct nutritional and health care experience stems from 25 years of vegetarianism, 15 years of bio-organic cooking and 10 years as a single mother of an Autistic boy. I have read widely on nutrition and (alternative) medicine. My main focus over the past 20 years has been on Anthroposophy. I take a critical stance of modern New Age spin-offs, but generally support the hard core theory of man as a four-fold spiritual being. I have studied the following topics: Yoga, Astrology, Meditation, Tarot, Reiki, Taoist Five Element Theory, Colour/Painting Therapy, Herbology, Aromatherapy, Flower Essences, Crystals, Ayurveda, Acupuncture, Shiatsu, Macrobiotics, Ortho-Molecular science, Touch For Health, Natropathy, Music therapy, Eurhythmy, various forms of Shamanism, Palmistry, Numerology, Alchemy, World Religions, Metaphysics, Mythology, Cabala, Angels and Elementals. My interests extend into the fields of biology and especially plant morphology.

I have an academic background in linguistics. I translate and edit. I teach English. But I seem to be better at imaginative and creative thinking than logic and reason.

Intelligent and sensitive people who are interested in gathering more information on alternative options in medicine and nutrition, which may lead to emotional, physical or spiritual healing. I have been unable to help people with weight issues lose specific amounts of weight within specific amounts of time - since this does not fall within my holistic aims.