Special Diets/Candida Albicans Diet and Anthroposophy

Dear Evelyn,

How are you?

This is my second time here, a while ago you've helped me a lot with my baby nutrition and gave me a very valuable introduction to anthroposophy ( I still use your answers ).
Since that time I've read some Steiner books and lectures and got a little more idea about Anthroposophy. You can't imagine how many questions I have for you now :) But I will keep myself focused..

Here is my question:

A few months ago  I had to take a short course of antibiotics, shortly after I got a vaginal Candida Albicans, I never had it before but it appears to be a very common condition.  I am treating it with anti fungal herbs and diet prescribed by a naturopath, it's working fine for me, but I think that there might be some better ways to get rid of it.
I saw this page online:
and it suggests some very interesting ideas about the nature of fungus, how it relates to light, it's origin and the connection to the astral body.

I don't mean to load you with too much information I would just like to ask for your kind advice :)

Please tell me if there is an anthroposophical treatment of this condition.

Thanks for your time and your valuable insights :)

Dear Ines,

I will be more than happy to look into this question for you a.s.a.p. I am sorry it's taken this long already! (Roof needed fixing, chaos all around!) I am currently coming down with flu, but I will get back to you with renewed enthusiasm next week at the latest. Keep an eye open for an email of a repost for this answer, for I will have to use this same space for my real answer. Don't know how you are notified, but I am not sure everybody picks up a corrected answer. (I did one for you before, I think... after I found those baby nutrition books in the attic, after all).
Get back to you soon,
Hope you are feeling better and your baby girl is growing well!
Love, Evelyn

Special Diets

Evelyn Alexander

I can supplement your knowledge on health food and alternative remedies. I take a dynamic (energetic) approach to health and discomforts. My sources and references for my advice and ideas are predominantly Anthroposophic. I am not medically trained. I have done 25 years of critical research (metaphysics and alternative medicine) and been an expert on About for over eight years. Two great ills I can help combat are ignorance and neglectfulness. In matters of healthy living I encourage discipline, respect and self-belief. My life-philosophy is fundamentally based on ANTHROPOSOPHY, which in a nut-shell, is a western metaphysical science and modern alchemical way of looking at the meaning of life. I also draw on Taoist and Ayurvedic systems. I am a mother of a boy with an Autistc Spectrum Disorder, whom I have raised on a bio-dynamic diet and homeopathic remedies. I have been a vegetarian for 25 years. I am currently researching ways to understand and treat Autism from an alternative perspective.

My direct nutritional and health care experience stems from 25 years of vegetarianism, 15 years of bio-organic cooking and 10 years as a single mother of an Autistic boy. I have read widely on nutrition and (alternative) medicine. My main focus over the past 20 years has been on Anthroposophy. I take a critical stance of modern New Age spin-offs, but generally support the hard core theory of man as a four-fold spiritual being. I have studied the following topics: Yoga, Astrology, Meditation, Tarot, Reiki, Taoist Five Element Theory, Colour/Painting Therapy, Herbology, Aromatherapy, Flower Essences, Crystals, Ayurveda, Acupuncture, Shiatsu, Macrobiotics, Ortho-Molecular science, Touch For Health, Natropathy, Music therapy, Eurhythmy, various forms of Shamanism, Palmistry, Numerology, Alchemy, World Religions, Metaphysics, Mythology, Cabala, Angels and Elementals. My interests extend into the fields of biology and especially plant morphology.

I have an academic background in linguistics. I translate and edit. I teach English. But I seem to be better at imaginative and creative thinking than logic and reason.

Intelligent and sensitive people who are interested in gathering more information on alternative options in medicine and nutrition, which may lead to emotional, physical or spiritual healing. I have been unable to help people with weight issues lose specific amounts of weight within specific amounts of time - since this does not fall within my holistic aims.