Special Diets/special diet for me :)

hi my name is Georgia and i am 15 years old...... i am wondering if you can help me with a diet for my problems"

- paperers or high functioning autism
- P.C.O.S - please tell me if you dont know what this is
- obesity
- allergic to lactose dairy and gluten

any information would be good

thanks georgia

Hi Georgia,

I have heard of P.C.O.S but never in a girl as young as you. This must be a very difficult condition to live with. But I am afraid I don't think I am the right person to answer your question since diet cannot affect this syndrome.

Also, my paper on Autism is written for those with a background in Anthropospy and contains a lot of esoteric jargon, so I am not sure you are looking for that either.I tend to tailor a response on Autism to a specific question.

There is tons of information on obesity and dairy and gluten free diets on the web, so I can only suggest you google some more for any information in general. Try one of our other About diet experts, otherwise. But make sure you ask a very specific question and give more information about your personal situation. Diets are highly individual.

Take care,

Special Diets

Evelyn Alexander

I can supplement your knowledge on health food and alternative remedies. I take a dynamic (energetic) approach to health and discomforts. My sources and references for my advice and ideas are predominantly Anthroposophic. I am not medically trained. I have done 25 years of critical research (metaphysics and alternative medicine) and been an expert on About for over eight years. Two great ills I can help combat are ignorance and neglectfulness. In matters of healthy living I encourage discipline, respect and self-belief. My life-philosophy is fundamentally based on ANTHROPOSOPHY, which in a nut-shell, is a western metaphysical science and modern alchemical way of looking at the meaning of life. I also draw on Taoist and Ayurvedic systems. I am a mother of a boy with an Autistc Spectrum Disorder, whom I have raised on a bio-dynamic diet and homeopathic remedies. I have been a vegetarian for 25 years. I am currently researching ways to understand and treat Autism from an alternative perspective.

My direct nutritional and health care experience stems from 25 years of vegetarianism, 15 years of bio-organic cooking and 10 years as a single mother of an Autistic boy. I have read widely on nutrition and (alternative) medicine. My main focus over the past 20 years has been on Anthroposophy. I take a critical stance of modern New Age spin-offs, but generally support the hard core theory of man as a four-fold spiritual being. I have studied the following topics: Yoga, Astrology, Meditation, Tarot, Reiki, Taoist Five Element Theory, Colour/Painting Therapy, Herbology, Aromatherapy, Flower Essences, Crystals, Ayurveda, Acupuncture, Shiatsu, Macrobiotics, Ortho-Molecular science, Touch For Health, Natropathy, Music therapy, Eurhythmy, various forms of Shamanism, Palmistry, Numerology, Alchemy, World Religions, Metaphysics, Mythology, Cabala, Angels and Elementals. My interests extend into the fields of biology and especially plant morphology.

I have an academic background in linguistics. I translate and edit. I teach English. But I seem to be better at imaginative and creative thinking than logic and reason.

Intelligent and sensitive people who are interested in gathering more information on alternative options in medicine and nutrition, which may lead to emotional, physical or spiritual healing. I have been unable to help people with weight issues lose specific amounts of weight within specific amounts of time - since this does not fall within my holistic aims.