Special Diets/bloating from raw meat

G'day Raw paleo guy, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to ask you a question, its very much appreciated.  I started eating raw meat a few months ago and for the first month everything was going great, i was putting on weight and looking really healthy.  After a month though my stomach started to bloat and my stools where getting loose and sometimes runny.  At first i thought it might be because of bacteria but then i read that it could have been caused by my digestive system not being able to digest raw meat.  So i went back to partially cooked meat( boiled for 2 minutes) and the bloating and loose stools disappeared.  Could you share some light on my dilemma? thanks mate.

Detox reactions often occur when one is first transitioning. Some people never experience them while others will experience them for a few days here and there, while still others can experience detoxes lasting several weeks. The detox is required in order to get rid of the toxins in the body built up after years of eating cooked foods.Sure, eating lightly-cooked foods would slow down a detox, but would thereby greatly slow down overall, eventual health-recovery as well.
In my own case, I experienced detox(green diarrhea every half an hour during waking periods for the first 2-3 days after going rawpalaeo, then I experienced further random flu-like detoxes every 2 to 4 months, each lasting from 2 to 7 days; these detoxes were gradually reduced in terms of severity and  duration until they stopped after 2 years. I still may get a nasty detox-like reaction soon after I eat a very occasional cooked-food meal, but that's all.

Another possibility may simply be the food you're eating. For example, I have always found that raw liver gives me very loose, runny stools, no idea why. At any rate, almost everybody claims that raw meat is better digested rather than worse, so I can't see how it can be that.

If you're anxious re all this, why not do what others often do which is to transition to raw slowly. You could start off with the lightly-boiled meat using whatever processed sauces you like, then gradually reduce the cooking-temperature by 1 degree Celsius every few days/weeks and reducing the sauces until eventually you get used to enjoying eating raw meat on its own at room-temperature.

Special Diets

I can answer most questions on Raw Animal and Vegetable Food Diets such as the Primal Diet, an organic, raw-meat-based diet and a number of similiar all-raw or partially raw Paleolithic diets, such as the Instincto, Weston-Price, Neanderthin, Paleo and Stefansson Diets. Can also offer advice on how to resist social pressure to eat cooked foods etc. For further info on Raw-Animal-Food diets, it's a good idea to browse through GoodSamaritan's website, , and also to join the following two forums and read their message-archives :- and

I have been 10 years on a 99%+ raw version of the Palaeolithic Diet and experienced numerous health benefits as a result, being fully recovered from my previous symptoms from my cooked-food days. My own individualised raw, paleolithic diet routine is mostly based on Aajonus Vonderplanitz's Primal Diet(ie 99% raw, usage of "high-meat",no processed supplements, using primarily naturally-reared, organic or wild sources of raw foods) but, for personal reasons, I have also been, to some extent, influenced by ideas from:- Instincto(ie:- taste/instinct,no raw dairy/no raw veggie juice), Weston-Price(eg: preferring grassfed meat to grainfed meat, incorporating a wide variety of raw organ-meats into my diet along with the usual muscle-meats, and Vilhjalmur Stefansson(high-fat diet, pretty high proportion of (raw) animal food), but also eating some raw carbohydrates such as raw organic/wild fruit/veg/honeycomb etc.). I'm also a firm believer in the feast-and-famine idea (ie Intermittent Fasting) as regards boosting one's energy levels, and giving my body a rest from constant digestion.

Rawpaleodiet Community(Comprising rawpaleoforum , rawpaleodiet yahoo group and the website among others).

Allexperts and

No nutritional qualification(I don't believe in standard(misguided) nutritionist doctrine, so I don't feel the need). I simply rely on mine and many others' long-term experiences of raw, palaeolithic diets and I've read most of the books that are vaguely relevant to a raw-meat diet.