Special Diets/Greetings

Question
Hello,

I'm a former athlete. After my ankle injury I was forced to quit with exercising and then my weight struggle began. I could manage in the beginning, but after I got office work, my weight rocketed to the 210 lbs (I'm 6'1'').
Am I suitable for Paleo?
And if I am, are there any side effects of Paleo I need to be aware of?
How long it last?Can I drink alcohol while on Paleo? What about bread?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers!

Billy

Answer
I should first add that I am an expert for the RAW, palaeolithic diet involving raw meats , raw fruits, raw vegetables, raw honey and raw nuts.

The only side-effects of a raw, palaeolithic diet are detox effects that occur within the first 2-3 years of healing. These are of short duration(2-3 days max,imo) and very infrequent, appearing more frequently after the first switch to a raw, palaeolithic diet. These detoxes are ultimately beneficial since they get rid of nasty toxins from the body, left over from cooked food-eating times.

Avoiding bread is essential. As regards alcohol, it is technically forbidden on this diet but I think it can be consumed after the first few months or so if in small quantities. The key is to always drink alcohol that is relatively transparent. So, for example, vodka, gin, grappa and white wine are fine but red wine, whiskey, brandy, dark rum and cointreau are not. Coloured alcoholic drinks contain far higher levels of "congeners" which are what make hangovers so much worse.

Look at the 1st posts on the purple threads on this page for more info:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

HTH,
RPG.

Special Diets

RawPalaeoGuy