Special Diets/Protein shake

Thank you for taking time to answer this question.

I am thinking of taking a whey protein shake to change body composition. Cut some fat and gain some muscles.

What kind of whey is better for this kind of situation? Concentrate or Isolate?

Also I have seen some shakes have Amino acids in them and others have vitamins and minerals. Which type is better of my situation?

I am 37 and 84 kgs. Ideal weight is 70. 14 kg overweight. Have fat in the mid section.

I would say Whey protein is better. It has a high protein absorption rate. Keep in mind that the amino acids Leucine, IsoLeucine and Valine are the most important Amino acids for muscle synthesis.

I would also like to add that protein supplementation does help, it is just a supplement. You will need to increase your daily physical activity and train several times a week to speed up this process.

Hope this helps

Special Diets

I can answer Strength training questions, Fitness, sports specific training, injury rehabilitation, diet and nutrition

I train primarily athletes and regular people who need to get back in a fitness routine.

My website is for further information how to start building yourself, improve your body and live better.

I am an Exercise Scientist & Strength and Conditioning coach with 6 specializations/credentials, - Strength Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association, primarily dealing with athletic performance training. - Corrective Exercise specialist (CES) and Sports Performance Coach (PES) with the National Academy of Sports Medicine. - An Health fitness Specialist with the American College Of Sports Medicine - An Exercise Physiologist with CSEP. -TRX Group Qualified instructor.

Athletes, people who lost there way and trying to get back into a regular physical activity routine.