Special Diets/raw chicken

Question
Hello,
If I am going to eat raw organic chicken can you give me some advice on what kind of marinate to use. Also what do you think about eating raw chicken? Thank you very much for you response.Margarer

Answer
I am not a fan of eating raw chicken at all. Most chicken are raised on diets filled with soy  and huge amounts of grains etc. which are very unhealthy for the birds. There is what people call "pastured chicken" which  is where chickens are allowed to roam and eat worms and insects, which are far more natural. I would strongly recommend that you look out for "pastured chicken"  and check that the relevant birds only get fed a little grain, at most. The term "organic" does not mean much any more as it has been watered-down in terms of strictness - besides, I know many farmers who have not been able to afford to switch to official "organic" status but who have raised their animals in accordance with organic principles. One just has to ask people, and, if necessary, visit the actual farm to check things out.

Over here in Europe, I find "pastured chicken" almost impossible to get hold of, so I find it easier to get hold of raw wild mallard duck instead.

HTH,
RPG.

Special Diets

RawPalaeoGuy