Special Diets/Question Diabetic Diet

Question
Good day
Can you recommend any diets to help a diabetic stabilize his blood sugar levels.
With reference to using apple cider vinegar and cinnamon to stabilize blood sugar levels for a diabetic, I have the following question.
The diabetic believes that using apple cider vinegar and cinnamon would hide the true blood sugar level(s). Is it true that apple cider vinegar and cinnamon would hide the true blood sugar level or would it be better for the diabetic to use the recommended quantities of apple cider vinegar and/or cinnamon to stabilize the blood sugar level.
Are there any dangers of using apple cider vinegar and cinnamon in the specified amounts required to help diabetics stabilize their blood sugar level(s)?

Answer
Hi

1. Can you recommend any diets to help a diabetic stabilize his blood sugar levels?

Yes. The low glycemic diet was developed years ago to help maintain stable blood sugar levels.  This quite different than a low carbohydrate diet.

2. With reference to using apple cider vinegar and cinnamon to stabilize blood sugar levels for a diabetic?

I have never heard of any medical research that would support the use of these substances for that purpose.  I cannot comment on this part of your question  

Special Diets