Special Education/Siblings


Hello Mr Runner,
I need to write a letter to ask if my younger son can attend the same school as my older son. My older son was placed into a local school that isn't our actual zoned school but is very very close too and is in my district. They didn't have anything at our zoned school. Some school districts keep kids together. I really feel this is essential. It's not like anyone loses anything doing this. I pay the exact same taxes as my neighbors in the district. Is there a way you suggest I advocate for this? Thanks.


I suggest you either contact the principal of the school you would like all your kids to attend or the district office to find out what the policy is of your district. This is not addressed in education law, except in some cases for special education students and their siblings.

I wish you and your children the best,
Tim Runner, Advocate
Advocates for Kids
Email: timrunner@gmail.com
Phone: (949) 582-3601
You can learn more at my web site:

Special Education

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Tim Runner


Questions concerning special education: IEP, assessments, Due Process, mediation, resolution conference, federal law, state law, qualifying for services, residential treatment, special day classes, resource specialists, procedures, having your child assessed, adaptive PE, speech & language, non-public school, FAPE, and tuition reimbursement.


I have been an education advocate representing students and parents for six years. My experience includes: representing my clients in IEPs, SSTs, Due Process, review assessment results for my clients, and mediations. I have represented clients with learning disabilities, autism, Downs Syndrome, cognitively challenged, emotional problems, learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, and physical disabilities. I have also represented clients to County Mental Health Departments and Regional Centers. My clients range from pre-school to college students in many states.

I have a degree in Mathematics from the University of California with minors in Psychology and Physics. I also studied applied statistics in psychology at the graduate level. I have taught college classes, conducted seminars, written articles for various publications, and testified as an expert witness.

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.