Special Education/Siblings

Question
Hello Mr Runner,
I need to write a letter to ask if my younger son can attend the same school as my older son. My older son was placed into a local school that isn't our actual zoned school but is very very close too and is in my district. They didn't have anything at our zoned school. Some school districts keep kids together. I really feel this is essential. It's not like anyone loses anything doing this. I pay the exact same taxes as my neighbors in the district. Is there a way you suggest I advocate for this? Thanks.

Answer
KH,

I suggest you either contact the principal of the school you would like all your kids to attend or the district office to find out what the policy is of your district. This is not addressed in education law, except in some cases for special education students and their siblings.

I wish you and your children the best,
Tim Runner, Advocate
Advocates for Kids
Email: timrunner@gmail.com
Phone: (949) 582-3601
You can learn more at my web site:
www.special-education-answers.com

Special Education

Tim Runner