Special Education/where to complain about asst superintendent

Question
The asst. Superintendent of my school district made a very offensive remark stigmatizing special ed students. It was shocking. Other people heard it and were aghast. Is there someone I can complain to? It doesn't seem like the superintendent or board of directors do anything outside of eachother, it's all closely knit and everyone protects everyone. We've had problems with the district and we feel the statement represents a very bad attitude.  Thanks.

Answer
Megan,

This is really beyond my area of expertise. As a parent, I would be inclined to file a complaint with the School Board. I would draft a letter explaining in detail what happened and indicate anyone that witnessed the event that is willing to go on record about the incident.

I wish you the best,
Tim Runner

Special Education

Tim Runner