Special Education/behavior issues

Question
Dear Norm,
With all the different LDs in one classroom for a short period of time, how would you handle several behavior issues that may arise? -High-school resource class-
Thanks,
Amy

Answer
I would set up a behavior management system that would control each problem behavior and the total behavior of the class.  It would start with basic rules, probably 5, with at least one encompassing most classroom behaviors.  All are positively written.   The two problem children would have preferential seating, not close to each other but close to the teacher as much as possible.  My classroom would be warm and students would be continually encouraged for what they are doing well.  That is where I would start.  High school student respond to this sort of system.

Sorry for the delay in my response, I just had knee surgery and am still having some pain...

Norm

Special Education

Dr. Norm Bishop