Special Education/follow u

Question
to be clear, homeschools like you discuss don't seem to exist where I am.
The providers are not contracted out anywhere but the district schools, they are employees, full.  
to be clear
I sent the IHIP over the summer.
My son was denied a FAPE in about 1000 ways but I can't spend tens of thousands of dollars litigating. I called the state they told me to file a complaint letter but they seemed so NOT interested that its discouraging to spend all the time on a letter. I cried telling them what took place and they were cold and stoic. Does the state ever side with parents?
My son doesn't just need services. He is on the spectrum with anxiety disorder, some sensory issues (which they said they don't treat ever) and a minor physical disability.  He relates better to some people over others. Its very traumatizing to him to have changes when something is working decently. It took us YEARS to make services something productive for him. I can't start from scratch again nor can I ask him to. He's been through enough transition.  He is doing much better so far emotionally but I can't do education and services. I am qualified to do services but I don't have time to prepare. I know what he needs and one of the providers they want to stick him with made no progress with him years ago. What I am saying is I understand the legality but doesn't the law provide for a child's unique needs being met? He was so traumatized at school he wouldn't get off the bus and he started the year THRILLED for school. They did so much wrong. I want you to know they have NO reason not to provide the services with old providers. They said the scheduling was set but they could easily have to accommodate new kids. And the social skills class, that has nothing to do with scheduling, he'd just be another kid in it. My doctor agrees consistency is critical. Is there no legal way to attack this? Thanks much for replying by the way!

Answer
Becky,

You can file with your State's department of education a Compliance Complaint so long as the school has not complied with the terms and conditions of you son's IEP. I have had various levels of favorable rulings from these filings in the past. The one benefit is that it does not cost any money. But claims about what is in, or not in, an IEP is not something they will investigate. It has to be a clear violation of what is in the IEP. That's why it's called a Compliance Complaint.

Go to K12.com to see if there are any online schools serving your area. I have already answered your complaint about the school district not using the same providers. Your remaining alternative is to file for Due Process. This is expensive and hard to win unless you have an experienced advocate representing you.  

Special Education

Tim Runner