Special Education/Identity card mandatory rule in School.

Question
Dear Bishop

Do you feel that if the child forgets to bring the identity card in School he/she will not be allowed to attend school Classes?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
If a child is forgetting the identity card as a result of his or her disability, then the requirement should be changed.  Rather than instantly denying access to school, they would be more humane if they allowed the child to work on specific improvements interventions, like rewarding him when he remembers, reminding and asking when he forgets...a plan of interventions to improve a child's behavior is always more effective than a very strict punishment.

In the United States we call such a policy discrimination.  The child is punished simply because he has a disability.  

Special Education

Dr. Norm Bishop