Special Education/Speech

Hi this is a follow up. Thanks for replying. My district said half hour is how they schedule speech and that's the law. Can I explain it isn't? I don't know what they're referencing. Also my insurer only provides half hour speech snd it's not worth it.  I drive 30 minutes each way.  My insurer is awful. They just cut pt even though I had an rx. They said it's enough for his condition.  They seem to override prescriptions. They turned my two times ot into one even though we hadn't maxed out visits.

Tell your school that you talked to an advocate and he said there is no such provision in the law. Tell them he said you should ask them to show you the law that says this. I assure you they won't find anything. In fact federal law says that the school must provide the services necessary to meet the unique needs of the child. I represent kids that get hour sessions, sometimes more than once a week.

Concerning your poor medical insurance, you should consider filing a complaint with your state. Here is link to information about this process:

Special Education

Tim Runner

Questions concerning special education: IEP, assessments, Due Process, mediation, resolution conference, federal law, state law, qualifying for services, residential treatment, special day classes, resource specialists, procedures, having your child assessed, adaptive PE, speech & language, non-public school, FAPE, and tuition reimbursement.

I have been an education advocate representing students and parents for six years. My experience includes: representing my clients in IEPs, SSTs, Due Process, review assessment results for my clients, and mediations. I have represented clients with learning disabilities, autism, Downs Syndrome, cognitively challenged, emotional problems, learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, and physical disabilities. I have also represented clients to County Mental Health Departments and Regional Centers. My clients range from pre-school to college students in many states.

I have a degree in Mathematics from the University of California with minors in Psychology and Physics. I also studied applied statistics in psychology at the graduate level. I have taught college classes, conducted seminars, written articles for various publications, and testified as an expert witness.