Special Education/IEP meetings

Do you ever attend IEP meetings out of state? Do people ever come to you from out of state? Sorry to ask a personal question in the forum but I don't see this information anywhere.

Hi Sally,

Yes, I attend IEP meetings by phone all over the place.  I hope to be in a position to Skype or Facetime into meetings very soon as well.  I meet the child via videoconference, audit and review records, advise and prepare you for the meetings, and attend by phone.  

Thank you so much for asking this great question.  I am at abc4success@msn.com if you would like to have a free consultation.  Or, feel free to follow up with me on this site.

Thank you again for using this service and writing to me.  I wish you all the best as you advocate for your exceptional child's education!  

Special Education

Michelle R. Davis, M. Ed.

I can answer questions about disability definitions and criteria for services, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act 2004, No Child Left Behind, 504 plans, how to craft an IEP that drives the appropriate services, school placement, dispute options, and least restrictive environment. I worked in the public school system as a special educator and am now in private consulting practice where we assist parents as they navigate the special education process. I have expertise in all educational disabilities except blind/visual impairments and deaf/hard of hearing. This includes ADHD and other health impairments, medical conditions, dyslexia and learning disabilities, Autism, emotional disabilities, language processing problems, and interfering behaviors.

10 years as special educator and administrator in public school system; Director of ABCs for Life Success since 1998; Expert services such as analysis and testimony; Author: Special Needs Advocacy Resource Book: What you can do now to advocate for your exceptional child's education; Special Needs Advocacy Training Institute; internet radio show Teach Your Children Well: Hot Topics in Education; author School Success for Kids with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders released March 2010 (Prufrock Press).

Masters in Special Education with Emphasis on Inclusive Education (Johns Hopkins University); B.S.in Special Education (James Madison University); Conduct training for Universities, public and private schools, parent groups. Adjunct professor current George Washington University and prior George Mason University.