Special Education/charter homeschool

Does a charter homeschool provide materials? Does that change the homeschool testing requirements? Is it on a schedule? Who uses charter homeschool? Apologies but this is all new to me. How does a charter homeschool do specials or athletics? This doesn't sound like homeschool if it's from the state. I am really confused by this.
I couldn't find a website with due process decisions from my state. The case I referenced, I could find an appeal by the district denied. The mother had tutoring services in the IEP so when she homeschooled, she was technically following the IEP and using the tutoring services more in her own direction. I know there was a different case in another state where a mom hired her own ABA teacher and was reimbursed. I realize there's probably no precedent for just homeschool reimbursement but understand I find this all absurd. If a school cannot educate a child and a parent does it because of that, there's something pretty backwards! I still pay the public school system and it's not working. I understand what you say but I believe I can show that my child is not doing work at school and only at home. It's not just progress at school, it's HOW the progress was made. There are parents who because of common core decided to take matters into their own hands and keep their kids home a few mornings to teach the math, that happened in my neighborhood and got news coverage. Some districts have extra math help, some don't. I personally don't think this many parents should need to make this level of investment and its indicative of a failure. I looked up stats for my state and generally parents overwhelmingly lose when doing due process alone but with a lawyer it's a toss up. They are as likely to win as not. Often it's dependent on the person deciding, there seems to be trends with specific people. I am not afraid of due process, I understand it's a bomb but if you've tried all else, where does it leave you. The fact that most cases settle beforehand shows the schools don't want due process any more than the parents. The real issue for me with it is that it's expensive, long and polarizing. But I am enduring so much now, it's not looking so bad. You can say I don't know because I haven't endured it but every day my kid is REALLY upset and refusing school both in and out. He's happy and productive at home. The school doesn't like this but they're just fine leaving it as is. I am not exaggerating. I don't know what you've seen in your career and maybe you've seen much worse but I don't believe I have a weak case. A lawyer I consulted me asked me a barrage of questions and my answers were all NO and he was very surprised that the school hadn't done any of the things he listed.  It's just too detailed to go into at length here. I am interested to learn more about what you think is a good due process case and again, don't understand how a charter homeschool is a homeschool. Thanks!!!!!

I encourage you to contact the charter home schools you find on line to have your questions answered by them. I think they all provide text books and work books. Some also provide money for supplies. You need to check with them. They can answer your questions about home schooling and how they fit into it.

Here is the website for reviewing due process ruling in your state:

When you ask me to render a recommendation as to whether or not you have a Due Process case, you are asking me to provide services that I charge my clients for. I have to conduct a Case Review first: I have to review your child's school records and private medical diagnoses. I have to work on gathering information about your allegations to see if they can be proved in hearing, before I can answer your question. Sorry, but you are asking for a great deal of work that I can only provide if you become a client. Proving a case in front of the judge is difficult at best. There has to be evidence beyond testimony. Saying the school is not serving your child is very difficult to prove. This is why it takes a great deal of work to render a decision about whether or not you have a case.  

Special Education

Tim Runner

Questions concerning special education: IEP, assessments, Due Process, mediation, resolution conference, federal law, state law, qualifying for services, residential treatment, special day classes, resource specialists, procedures, having your child assessed, adaptive PE, speech & language, non-public school, FAPE, and tuition reimbursement.

I have been an education advocate representing students and parents for six years. My experience includes: representing my clients in IEPs, SSTs, Due Process, review assessment results for my clients, and mediations. I have represented clients with learning disabilities, autism, Downs Syndrome, cognitively challenged, emotional problems, learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, and physical disabilities. I have also represented clients to County Mental Health Departments and Regional Centers. My clients range from pre-school to college students in many states.

I have a degree in Mathematics from the University of California with minors in Psychology and Physics. I also studied applied statistics in psychology at the graduate level. I have taught college classes, conducted seminars, written articles for various publications, and testified as an expert witness.