Special Education/Why is this case? When I travel to Ontario Canada I had

Why is this case? When I travel to Ontario Canada I had Canadians telling me that they hate Americans because they cannot properly present them selves abroad and the only reason why they like me is because I am a European. I had a Canadian citizen in Africa telling me the same thing when I visited Africa. They know that I was born in Europe and became a naturalized United States citizen, but still have a passport from my native country in the European Union. Those Canadians told me in detail why they hate Americans. Why is it very difficult to find United States citizen that can follow the simple rules below?

CRIMINAL PENALTIES:  While in a foreign country, a U.S. citizen is subject to that country's laws and regulations, which sometimes differ significantly from those in the United States and may not afford the protections available to the individual under U.S. law. Penalties for breaking the law can be more severe than in the United States for similar offenses. Persons violating Canadaís laws, even unknowingly, may be expelled, arrested or imprisoned. Penalties for possession, use, or trafficking in illegal drugs in Canada are severe, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and heavy fines. Engaging in sexual conduct with children or using or disseminating child pornography in a foreign country is a crime, prosecutable in the United States.

Canadian law prohibits the unlawful importation or trafficking of controlled substances and narcotics. Smugglers risk substantial fines, a permanent bar from Canada, and imprisonment.

Based on the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, bilateral agreements with certain countries, and customary international law, if you are arrested in Canada, you have the option to request that the police, prison officials, or other authorities alert the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate of your arrest, and to have communications from you forwarded to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Importation of Firearms: Firearms are more strictly controlled in Canada than in the United States. Violation of firearms restrictions may result in prosecution and imprisonment.

Visitors bringing any firearms or ammunition into Canada, or planning to borrow and use firearms while in Canada, must declare the firearms in writing using a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration form. Visitors planning to borrow a firearm in Canada must obtain a Temporary Firearms Borrowing License in advance. These forms must be presented in triplicate and signed in front of a CBSA officer at the border (it is not possible to make photocopies at the border). Full details and downloadable forms are available at the Canadian Firearms Centre website, under the heading "Visitors / Non Residents."

Canadian law requires that officials confiscate any firearms, ammunition,  and other weapons from persons crossing the border who deny having the items in their possession. Confiscated firearms, ammunition, and weapons are not returned. Possession of an undeclared firearm may result in arrest and imprisonment. Travelers are strongly advised to inspect all belongings thoroughly prior to travel to Canada to avoid the accidental import of firearms or ammunition.

Canada has three classes of firearms: non-restricted, restricted, and prohibited.

Non-restricted firearms include most ordinary hunting rifles and shotguns.

These may be brought temporarily into Canada for sporting or hunting use during hunting season, use in competitions, in-transit movement through Canada, or personal protection against wildlife in remote areas of Canada.

Anyone wishing to bring hunting rifles into Canada must:
Be at least 18 years old;
Properly store the firearm for transport;
Follow the declaration requirements described above.

Restricted firearms are primarily handguns; while they are not firearms, pepper spray, mace, and some knives also are included in this category.

A restricted firearm may be brought into Canada, but an Authorization to Transport permit must be obtained in advance from a Provincial or Territorial Chief Firearms Officer.

Prohibited firearms include fully automatic, converted automatics and certain military style weapons, including weapons designed for civilian use. A full list of prohibited weapons is available on the Canadian Firearms Centre website. Prohibited firearms are not allowed into Canada.

Pornography: Canada has strict laws concerning child pornography, and in recent years there has been an increase in random checks of electronic media of travelers entering Canada.

Computers and cell phones are subject to searches without a warrant at the border and illegal content can result in the seizure of the computer as well as detention, arrest, and prosecution of the bearer.

Possession of child pornography is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Production and distribution of child pornography is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. Browsing for child pornography on the internet is punishable by up to 5 years in prison. Prohibitions cover visual representations of sexual activity by persons (real or imaginary) under the age of 18 and include comic book imagery such as anime and manga.

Alcohol-related driving offenses, such as driving while intoxicated (DWI), driving while ability-impaired, and driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol, are criminal offenses in Canada. Penalties are heavy, and any prior conviction (no matter how old or how minor the infraction) is grounds for exclusion from Canada. U.S. citizens with a DWI record must seek approval for rehabilitation from Canadian authorities before traveling to Canada, which requires several weeks or months to process. Please see the CBSA website for details on this program.

Tax Issues: For information on U.S. Federal tax issues, please refer to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website for international taxpayers.

Refer to this link for reporting requirements regarding Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR).

Refer to this link for information on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).

Refer to this link for information about the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Agreement (OVDI). For answers to commonly asked questions about the OVDI, please follow this link to OVDI FAQ.

Please see our Customs Information.

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES:  We are not aware of any special currency or customs circumstances for this country.

If you are a woman traveling abroad, please review our travel tips for Women Travelers.

LGBT RIGHTS: There are no legal restrictions on same-sex sexual relations or the organization of LGBT events in Canada.  For more detailed information about LGBT rights in Canada, you may review the State Departmentís Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2012.  For further information on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) travel, please read our LGBT Travel Information page.  

ACCESSIBILITY: Although Canada has effectively implemented laws mandating access to buildings for persons with disabilities, individuals with disabilities may find accessibility and accommodation very different from what you find in the United States.

Well THANK YOU for the comprehensive info!  I hate hearing citizens of any country complaining that they can't present themselves abroad AND blaming it on their nationality!  That's the lowest lamest excuse ever!  Come on folks, get a life - coach!  If you can't present yourselves, it's not because you're Canadian or nationality X, it's because you haven't accessed some resources [which lie in you ready to be used if you know how to access them] that you need to present yourselves well abroad!  The problem with today's western society is that many of its people place responsibility for their inefficiencies on external sources, such as their nationality.  I'm American, Canadian, and Brit in one person and present myself excellently - to every onlooker's admiration - in whatever country I find myself in.  No excuse - if I can do it, so can anyone!  It's not down to nationality or law, it's down to every person's attitude!

If these people who won't do anything to access their resources which would allow them to present themselves well turned their attitudes around, got some good coaching on them, and learnt to stop spreading word of how they hate other nationalities because x, y, z, this world would be a far better place!I'm a coach - I'm available to help everyone!

Special Education

NLP Life & Learning Difficultiesl Coach

I will answer questions about difficulties with spelling, reading, writing, dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADD, ADHD, and advise how all of these can be reduced or eliminated with NLP and mental imagery.

International NLP coach helping people with learning difficulties with spelling, reading, writing, math and dealing with numbers to naturally correct all the abovestated problems with Neuro-Linguistic Programming [NLP]

The Leading Edge of Life International NLP Personal Coaching

NLP Master Certified Coach Expert Practitioner / Trainer in UnLearning Difficulties with NLP

When people directly benefit from the work I've done with them.

1. people of any ages and native languages, 2. groups of children, parents, teachers, educational professionals, 3. members of the corporate / business world