Speech-Language Pathology/articulation

Question
Do you have any suggestions for kids who can produce a sound in isolation but not in syllables? She can only do it if she pauses between the consonant and vowel or she adds /h/ between the consonant and vowel.

Answer
Great question Kristin!

My first question is - are you a Speech-Language Pathologist? I only ask because it's a pretty specific question. Either way, I would like to know more about the age of the child. It's a pretty typical developmental error that can be corrected fairly easily with speech therapy.

Let me know about how old the child is and whether you're an SLP or parent and I can give you some additional info  :-)
Jena

Speech-Language Pathology

Jena H. Casbon, MS CCC-SLP