Speech-Language Pathology/articulation

Do you have any suggestions for kids who can produce a sound in isolation but not in syllables? She can only do it if she pauses between the consonant and vowel or she adds /h/ between the consonant and vowel.

Great question Kristin!

My first question is - are you a Speech-Language Pathologist? I only ask because it's a pretty specific question. Either way, I would like to know more about the age of the child. It's a pretty typical developmental error that can be corrected fairly easily with speech therapy.

Let me know about how old the child is and whether you're an SLP or parent and I can give you some additional info  :-)

Speech-Language Pathology

Jena H. Casbon, MS CCC-SLP

I am happy to answer any questions about speech, language, cognition and swallowing. I work primarily with adults, but will also take questions about pediatrics. Please note, my advice is NOT a substitute for an in-person clinical evaluation.

I work full-time at a rehabilitation hospital in the Boston area. My experience is mainly with adult patients who have acquired communication and cognitive disorders as a result of strokes, brain injuries and neurological disorders such as MS, ALS and Parkinson's disease.

American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) Massachusetts Brain Injury Assocation

B.A. Psychology and Sociology from Loyola University of New Orleans (2003) M.S. Communication Disorders from Emerson College (2005)

Partners In Excellence Award (2007) (Partners Healthcare System)