Spices & Seasonings/Spices

Question
I'm looking for "Ras El Hanout" a Moroccan blend of several spices. Actually I'm leaving in West Palm Beach Fla. Could you help me with name and address of a specialized store, in this area? Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi There,

Well you certainly are looking for a great spice blend! I love using Ras El Hanout - it's a spicy warm exotic blend. While I haven't personally been down to Florida in quite a while, I ironically used to spend quite a bit of time in Boca and Lauderdale. Here are a few places I know you can find Ras El Hanout not too far from you.

- Closest, Williams and Sonoma carries a great version. Call the store at the Palladium at City Place before heading over as I'm not sure all Williams and Sonoma stores carry their full line of spices.

- I can't vouch for the quality since I haven't personally used their version, but it appears a store by the name of the Spice and Tea exchange down in Boca at Mizner Center carries Ras El Hanout and contains the correct spices. CHeck out the following link: http://www.spiceandtea.com/florida-boca-raton-ezp-29.html?chapter=1

- My personal favorite is Savory Spice Shop, but it would be most accessible for you to order online as their closest location is in St. Pete. I am a huge fan. They grind fresh weekly and I personally have their Ras El Hanout in my cabinet. Here is the link if you are interested in ordering online: http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/blends/ras.html

- Last, while it won't be as fresh - it may be worth checking out your local high-end grocers like Whole Foods, etc. They often carry Ras El Hanout.

Best of luck in your search and enjoy the delicious food it will help make!

Best,

Brett  

Spices & Seasonings

Brett