Spinal Decompression/Herniated Disk

QUESTION: I received an MRI and was diagnosed with 2 herniated disk on May 10th, 2012. The orthopedic surgeon said it heals within 6 months. He also said he can do a discectomy if it doesn't. I'm now experiencing weakness and pain in my left leg. I'm afraid that procedure will hinder me from weight lifting and getting back into shape.

ANSWER: Hello Mr. Sievert. Sorry to hear about your weakness and pain in your left leg.  I understand your  concern regarding the possibility that a discectomy may hinder you from weight lifting as well as getting into shape.  I would be interested in knowing more about you including, your height, weight, health as well as age and occupation.   I wanted to make a comment about weight lifting. I agree that weight lifting has many benefits, however it also comes with serious risks such as disc injury. So, even if you were helped with surgery, or perhaps even non-surgical spinal decompression it would be advised that you avoid over head weight lifting in order reduce possible re-injury. Patients who undergo our proprietary system, by and large get back to fully active lives as well as their regular exercise routines with certain precautions similar to what I have already discussed. I have performed over 14,000 individual treatment sessions from patients who fly to my back clinic from all over the world and experience unprecedented success for patients suffering from back pain , disc bulge , disc herniation , sciatica , leg pain and weakness and I can say without hesitation that all disc herniations do not always heal. Having said that - I recommend that you obtain a second opinion regarding your options.

Can you please take a moment out to rate my answer and consider to nominate me volunteer of the month.

I wish you much success.

Dr. Ron Nusbaum

QUESTION: I'm a 21 year old male. I'm 5'7" 235 pounds. I have put on 50 pounds since the injury. So my weight is not what i used to be. I worked as a certified nurse assistant. I am also going to continue working on a farm which involves very strenuous activity.

Hi William, thanks for the follow up. Sorry for getting back so late to you as aI have been and still been on vacation since January 25.  
Please seek out someone who performs non-surgical spinal decompression, uses the best technology and uses class IV K-Laser as well. I would seriously consider having this care if you are a candidate immediately. Please  dont do any overhead weight lifting in the mean time.  Do what you can from a diet perspective to reduce your weight.  Reduce your sitting time to 15 minutes max and then get up and move around for 5 minutes or so, also sleep on your side or back with pillows either between your legs or underneath them.

Please keep me posted William on your progress.

Dr. Ron Nusbaum

Spinal Decompression

Dr. Ron Nusbaum D.C., B.Sc.

Spinal Decompression Toronto. I have treated patients many thousands of times which enables me to answer questions about which conditions are most successfully treated by Spinal Decompression. I can answer any questions regarding the science and methodology of how Spinal Decompression works. I can speak about who is and who is not a good candidate for Spinal Decompression, and I can speak about alternative treatments for severe, chronic back pain and neck pain. I can also speak about the various conditions which respond to spinal decompression care as well as which conditions should not receive this care I cannot make specific diagnoses or specific treatment recommendations for a patient without first conducting a consultation and examination with them. There are general protocol guidelines that I can share. I cannot recommend any individual to make changes to their medications or current medical care (prescribed by another doctor). I cannot make specific comments about another doctor.

Spinal Decompression Therapy Toronto. Patient care has inspired me to advance my knowledge and expertise. I am a Doctor of Chiropractic, treating back pain and neck pain since 1989. I am the founder and CEO of Back Clinics of Canada www.backclinicsofcanada.ca. I've been performing Spinal Decompression for several years, and have performed Spinal Decompression several thousand times. I have worked with a team of medical doctors and have been involved in treating the total patient to help each person achieve a pain-free life and a renewed active lifestyle. Back Clinics of Canada has a numbe of Spinal Decompression Tables. My clinic was the first clinic, world wide, to receive the Newly Redeveloped DRX9000, and time of writing this is the only clinic in Canada offering care with it.

Ontario Chiropractic Association Canadian Chiropractic Association York Region Chiropractic Society Masters Circle Chiropractic Leadership Alliance

I can be regularily heard on Newstalk 1010 AM radio Canadian Living Magazine CJN The Better Back Program The Liberal The Era Banner Canadian Chiropractor

Canadian Chiropractic Memorial College: 1989, completed Doctor of Chiropractic University of Toronto: 1982, Bachelor of Science, Major in Psychology

October 2007: Dell Small Business Technology Award, recognizing innovative use of technology. We have integrated advanced technology into every aspect of our practice, from diagnosis to patient care to business processes and automation.

While we primarily serve the Southern Ontario Region, we do see patients from across Canada and the United States, and even from overseas. Our clients include everyone from office workers to professional athletes, from those on the factory floor to those occupying the corner office. In general an extremly wide cross section of the population.