Spinal Decompression/SPINAL DECOMPRESSION

Question
I WAS JUST TOLD BY A CHIROPRACTOR THAT MY NECK HAS A BACKWARDS CURVE IN IT FROM SOME KIND OF INJURY I HAVE SUSTAINED IN THE PAST.I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY MY UPPER BACK AT SHOULDERS BURNS AND HURTS,HEADACHES DAILY AND MY RIGHT ARM STARTED AT SHOULDER THEN ELBOW AND NOW TO MY FAR TO FINGERS ON THAT HAND THAT KILLS ME WITH PAIN,SINCE 2009.HE WANTS TO DO ADJUSTMENTS AND PHYSICAL THERAPY AND SPINAL DECOMPRESSION,WHICH MY INS PAYS NONE ON. $2700.00 JUST FOR THE SPINAL DECOMPRESSION.I JUST WANT ANOTHER OPINION ON CORRECTING THIS PROBLEM AND WORKING 2 JOBS TO TRY TO PAY FOR THIS,I AM IN PAIN EVERYDAY AND THE THOUGHT OF MAKING THIS GO AWAY MAKES ME SO HAPPY,HE ALSO SAID I HAD 4 BULGING DISCS IN MY BACK BUT THEY DO NOT BOTHER ME BUT HE SAID 2 ARE REAL BAD THEY HAVE TEARS IN THEM ALREADY.IS IT WORTH THE MONEY OR CAN I MAKE AS MUCH DIFFERENCE WITH ADJUSTMENTS AND PT????THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

Answer
Good morning Beverly, Thanks for writing to me.  With regards to Spinal Decompression Therapy, for the right patient the care is excellent providing the doctor is experienced and has excellent technology. As much as I would like to say that you need it based on your comments provided it is not enough for me to comment.  I would strongly suggest you obtain a second opinion of a spinal decompression expert.  I can say that disc related problems most certainly can cause many of the symptoms you have reported to me.  My advice would be the same regarding the adjustments, speak to another chiropractor and see what he or she says after they have examined you and seen all reports.
In the mean time please go to www.backclinicsofcanada.ca to learn more.

Good luck Beverly,

By the way if you have a moment I would appreciate it if you could rate my answer and consider nominating me as expert of the month.

Sincerely,
Dr. Ron Nusbaum

Spinal Decompression

Dr. Ron Nusbaum D.C., B.Sc.