Spinal Decompression/Compressed disc- sports

Question
Hi Dr Ron,

My name is Russ. I developed compressed disc in my lower spine in 2002 from playing ice hockey.  I initially did physical therapy but after trying to get back on the ice i realized that i had to give up the sport i loved so much.  whenever i attempted to play my back would go out and id be in debilitating pain for a week or so.  4 yrs ago i did 10 spinal decompression treatments and they really did wonders for my back, however i never tried to get back on the ice cause i was too afraid.  anyway last month i threw my back out just by bending funny...first time my back went out in 6 years.  so clearly the problem is still there.  My question is can the problem be fixed permanently with more treatments? is there ever a chance i can play hockey again?  I actually ski every year and that doesnt bother my back..just something about hockey..maybe the weight of the skates & gear, the sudden quick movements. not sure.  Anyway i would appreciate your help.  thanks so much

RUss

Answer
Good morning Russ. Sorry to hear about your your relapse last month. To answer your question "can your problem be fixed permanently with more treatments" is a tricky one. That is because as much healing as one could hope for we can still re-injure either a healed disc or a treated disc. You may be able to play hockey again, that would be determined by the extent of your re-injury.  Back Clinics of Canada offers a revolutionary treatment which integrates a medical nutritional supplemental system called Disc Renewal Plus with Class IV K-Laser along with the most advanced non-surgical spinal technology available. In most cases treatment exceeds 10 visits, however the results are often the best I have ever witnessed clinically.  click on www.backclinicsofcanada.ca to learn more. There are videos and articles describing this care in greater detail.
I recommend that if you wish to have care locally that you have another assessment to see if you qualify for care and for how many sessions and what kind of support is in place as well.
I hope this helps you.
If you feel that it is appropriate would you mind rating this answer and consider nominating me as volunteer of the month,

Please keep me informed!

Dr. Ron Nusbaum

Spinal Decompression

Dr. Ron Nusbaum D.C., B.Sc.