Spinal Decompression/Lumbarization of S1

Question
I recently had an MRI done. I am a  63 year old healthy female. I can not sit, the MRI showed Dural ectasia of the subarachnoid sac. Partial lumbarization of S1. Congenital anomanly of S1 with significant Dural ectasia of the subarachnoid sac extending from L4-S1. Can anything be done for this? I am in so much pain when I sit for longer then 20 - 30 min.

Answer
Virginia ~

As you probably already know Dural ectasia is present in more than 60 percent of people who have Marfan syndrome. The presence of dural ectasia does not always cause problems, although in some people it causes back, abdominal, and leg pain and headaches. I'm sorry I can't help you more but this really is outside my field of expertise. The radiologist who read the MRI has made the diagnosis, now it's time to see a neurosurgeon who explain your treatment options.

Spinal Decompression

Dr Michael L Hall