Spiritualism/materialism

Question
How can i balance the material life with the spiritual, if the spirit is what matters? I can't stand working with advertising... i feel so wrong about encourage the materialism!

Answer
Both the material and spiritual are important in life.  Jesus said, "Render to Caesar what is Caesar's, and render unto God what is God's."  We can't be entirely "spiritual" or entirely "material."  The spirit is the basis of our thoughts and actions.  It enables us to think and to be.  Even though the spirit guides and empowers us, we still have material concerns--daily events, career, finances, friends, health, and many others.  We have to live in the material world.  However, we need strength, vision, and insight to do that.  Spirit and material life go together.  It might help to read daily devotions, pray, and meditate.  Spirit, indeed, matters, but it must be seen in regard to daily life.  God not only creates good in your heart, but in your life as well.  Remember the words of the Lord's Prayer: "Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors."  "Daily bread" means material concerns.  The spirit in us is the source of guidance and wisdom, but it is acted out in material, everyday life. Each day, say, "Today God is creating good and possibility in my life and affairs."  St. Francis said, "Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace."  In life, we are God's hands, feet, and voice.  We are His Word in action.  Joel

Spiritualism

Joel Bjorling