Spirituality and Nutrition/nutrition

Question
I don`t like so much meat, I`m triying to avoid it.
my question is; This decision will be wrong...?

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Debora. From a spiritual point of view, the question of eating meat is an intuitive one, which means you have to use your intution. There are pros and cons to meat-eating; it can help to ground us in outer life, but too much hinders inner life and development. This is why spiritual traditions express different and even contradictory points of view on the question.

You say you don't like so much meat, which is a clear indication to be guided by. "So much" doesn't necessarily mean "avoid completely," but again, it's up to you. Why, however, do you think your decision will be wrong?

On the other hand, no spiritual tradition advocates veganism, or no animal food at all. In India, which is the culture longest associated with spiritually-motivated vegetarianism, dairy is usually included in the diet. In fact, there is evidence to suggest that most people need some form of animal food for good health. I don't know if such books are available in Argentina, but the books "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Weston Price and "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon are to be recommended. I have written a manuscript myself that goes into nutritional questions from a spiritual point of view in depth, but it's not available yet ("The Yogi Diet, Spirituality and the Question of Vegetarianism"). I hope it will be available soon.

I hope this response helps, Debora. Feel free to write again.

Sincerely,
James

Spirituality and Nutrition

James Morgante