Sports Business/Sportsman personalities excelling in more than one sport

Question
Dear Margy

Will there be sportsman personalities who have excelled in more than one sport?.

It could be even outdoor and indoor Games combination

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Put Fans in Stands!
Put Fans in Stands!  
Preshant, thanks for the interesting question.
There are plenty of examples of professional athletes who have played more than one sport. And, who have excelled in all the sports they've played. And, have played indoor (for example, basketball) and outdoor (for example American football)sports.

The multi-sport athlete is not unusual.

If your question is "Will there be more multi sport athletes?" then I would have to say, yes. New technology in training, greater understanding of the physiological requirements of training, as well as advancements in nutrition and analysis of what the body needs to prepare and recover all mean that athletes can excel not just in their respective sport's season, but year round.

What this means for sport business is a distinct advantage from a marketing perspective. If an athlete excels in one sport and is playing another as well, it is likely the fan base will follow the athlete from one sport to another. That is a very advantageous scenario for marketers!

I hope this helps. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Yours in sport business,
Margy Lang

P.S. Check out my new book, "Put Fans in Stands! 10 Essential Marketing Tactics to Drive Attenance and Revenues". It is available as an e-book, online, at amazon.com/dp/B011D8ZU1G. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Prashant!  

Sports Business

Margy Lang