Sports Medicine/Elbow Clicking

Question
Forearm Pain
Forearm Pain  
Hello, I want to thank you for allowing people like myself to ask you questions relating to your expertise.

I started going to the gym and I noticed a clicking sound in my left elbow. Here is a link to a video on youtube of what it sounds and looks like exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zZmswABLvE

I ignored it initially but I kept doing my exercises. After a few workouts I finally started to feel some pain in my forearm. If I was standing with my arms to my side the pain would be on my left forearm, on the farther part of my body, between the ulna and the radius. About an inch down from my elbow joint.

When I'm in the gym I can't do more than 75 lbs on the bench press because the clicking in the elbow is bothering me too much. I know I have the potential to do much more but I wont be able to progress on the chest press with this problem.

This has been bothering me for a while. I went to the doctor but he said I didn't have anything. If you know what it is off the top of your head could you tell me what this could be? Or what kind of doctor should I go to? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Answer
Gerado:

That video looks like a subluxing radial head.  I would need to see it and get my hands on it to know for sure, but I would see a primary care sports medicine doctor in your area.  If you tell me where you are, I will probably be able to give you some names.

One thing that would be important is to make sure that the ligaments are not lax (stretchy) or torn and everything is stable.

I would hold off on doing heavy weights.  

You may have gone to your primary care doctor and you need to see a specialist for this.  

Sports Medicine

Ketan Mody